Whether it’s your first time on the course or your thousandth, looking good on the course in a must. There are many brands of golfing apparel out there to help you look your best while strutting along the course. Mens Galvin Green is just one of the many top brands out there. While you peruse the site in search of your signature outfits, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. Cargo pants are a thing of the past. The many pockets might seem convenient, but resist the temptation. Don’t even think about cargo shorts. Most clubs won’t even allow them through the front door.
2. Wear a shirt with a collar. It’s a requirement at many clubs. You don’t want to risk being turned away at the entrance simply because you aren’t wearing the right type of shirt.
3. Speaking of shirts, wear one that fits properly. You don’t want it to be too tight, nor is it acceptable if your shirt is too baggy. Mens Galvin Green can help you select the right fit for your size. It should be trim to your body and have nice, clean lines.
4. Since you’re wearing a collared shirt, it’s important not to pop the collar. You might think you look cool, but that sort of thing has no place on the golf course. In fact, it will make you look like a fool. Fold your collar properly and have a little respect.
5. Tuck in everything. If you’re wearing a sweater, tuck your collar into the neckline of that sweater. The bottom of your shirt should always be tucked in as well. This will give you a neat and tidy appearance.
6. Don’t sag your pants. No one wants to see your underwear. On that same note, make sure the hem of your pants isn’t dragging on the ground. Not only are you ruining a perfectly good pair of pants, but you will be tracking mud and dirt into the clubhouse.
7. Belt loops are there for a reason. It’s imperative that you use them. Most clubs have a rule that if you aren’t wearing a belt, you don’t get to play. Avoid that embarrassment and wear a belt. Remember to match it to your shirt or pants, and not your shoes.
8. Mixing patterns effectively is difficult even for the trained eye. Just avoid it. If your shirt is patterned, wear neutral pants. Or vice versa. Your clothing shouldn’t take attention away from the game.
9. The same as with patterns – don’t wear too many colors. You aren’t there to attract as much attention to yourself as possible. Wearing a varied amount of brightly colored clothes will make you stand out and draw unwanted eyes. Find one or two colors that you like and stick with them.
10. Pleats are a sign of the past. Not only are they grossly out of fashion, pleats gather fabric in strange areas which only serves to draw the eye towards places that would be better left unseen.